iPhone Dropped in Water? that’s pretty terrible situation, maybe you accidentally dropped it in your toilet or into a cup of coffee. Okay, lets go straight, this fix will depends on how critical you dropped your iPhone in water, which is in short this tutorial may help you to fix your problem or either not. First lets talk about first on what to do in case you dropped your iPhone or maybe other Apple gadgets.
Immediate Steps To Do In Case You Dropped Your iPhone in Water
- Quickly pick your iPhone up in the water as fast as you can and immediately wipe the water on it.
- Turn your iPhone off by holding down the power button.
- When turned off, remove the battery, case, headphone or any accessories connected on it and wipe it.
- Get a towel, tshirt or any cloth which is made on cotton and let it soak the water.
If you’ve already done following the steps above please try the following steps;
How To Fix If Your iPhone Dropped in Water
Here’s the things you need, this may sound funny but note this really works and it is already tried and tested.
- cellophane or any similar air tight container that can cover your iPhone.
- Generic type rice.
- Little bit of patience, minimum of 36 hours.
Okay, this steps is pretty self explanatory, simply follow the image above and wait for at least 36 hours. By the way, avoid using enriched type rice because it may leaves white residual powder which may cause harm to the ports of your device.
Once your device dried out completely, turn it on and check the liquid contact sensors.
If the Liquid Contact Indicators (LCIs) turns red it means a contact of liquid is made and it is best to contact a technician to fix it. The problem here is that, any liquid related damage of your iPhone or iPod is not covered by Apple’s one year warranty.
Does this steps fixes your iPhone? don’t hesitate to share your experience by posting on our comment form below.